Friday, October 9, 2015

Homework 5 Blueprint and C++ Usage for transformations, arithmetic, and overall movement of objects

Using Blueprints I was able to create a system that enabled enemy AI for our game to follow my character as I played. This will be crucial for our game, since we will be creating a beat-em-up style fighting game in which the main player will be fighting many AI that will be chasing them down. Below you will see that the AI chasing the character are able to move at a variety of speeds, and soon I will be implementing jumping for the AI to traverse over platforms in order to chase down the player, and eventually I will add attack animations.

I have created 3 AI in the game that move so far.

 This is the general overlay of the blueprints for the movement of the 3 AI

 This Blueprint was for the first AI movement I worked on that enabled the AI to walk towards a certain spot. I controlled the variables of his speed in C++

 This code was for the movement of the AI that followed the player character

 This AI follows the other one that chases down the player and they move at a slower speed

 The basic movement of the AI chasing down the player

Below you can also see the AI walking to their destination 

Another viewing angle of the varying speeds

Below I also demonstrated working on transforming an object and adding particle effects. I utilized C++ for this because the video tutorials for doing this in Blueprint were unavailable on the course website when I clicked on the video for reference. I did find good tutorials online for this to be done in C++. 

C++ code for floating object, possibly powerup

Floating Object that moves up and down

No comments:

Post a Comment